Auston’s in-house English program, APEC, has helped many students quickly move to a level of English required to enter into academic diploma or degree programmes.
Students will be engaged in language fundamentals such as Learning, Speaking and Academic Writing.
The programme consists of 3-levels of study. Each academic year is divided into four terms commencing February, May, June, August and October.
The Elementary level aims to build a strong foundation in a student’s English language proficiency. By the end of Elementary level, students should be able to:
- Understand the main ideas of a text, including discussions with some repetition and rewording;
- Interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes interaction possible without strain;
- Produce and understand a clear detailed text on a wide range of language forms, vocabulary and structures;
- Give clear explanations and descriptions by writing paragraphs in compositions and/or personal journals;
The Intermediate level prepares the students to write clear connected texts in wide topics and perform report writing. The student has sufficient vocabulary and structural understanding to:
- Understand a wide range of longer texts and recognize implicit meaning;
- Communicate their day-to-day needs with a higher degree of fluency and spontaneity;
- Understand the use of English Language for social, academic and professional purposes and to use it appropriately;
- Produce clear and well-structured texts;
- Have a good command of a broad range of language allowing themselves to express themselves appropriately by identifying the specific facts within the texts.
The Advanced level is the minimum standard of English for entry into any Auston’s academic programmes. This level aims to help students prepare for spontaneous interaction to achieve communication skills beyond simple conversation. The achievements would include being able to:
- Understand with ease everything heard or read;
- Summarize information from different spoken or written sources;
- Reconstruct sentences and presentation;
- Express in different setting and environments with a high level of spontaneity and fluency;
- Maintain constant grammatical and vocabulary control in order to interact with ease.
A typical English class at Auston would have less than 15 students and made up of an equal proportion of Korean, Chinese, Burmese and Vietnamese students.
- 8 Weeks Per-Level
- 5 days a week
- Programme fee for full-time Study: SGD 7476.65
- The tuition fee covers tuition fees and study guides.
- Auston absorbs Fee Protectiion Scheme (FPS) and Medical Insurance fee.
- Application fees for Singaporean/ PR/ EPass/ SPass/ WPass/ LTVPass : SGD $107.00 Non Refundable
- Application fees International Student: SGD$ 250.00 Non Refundable
- All prices are subject to 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST).
- All fees are subjected to change annuall