The teaching staff have been helpful in attending to my needs too. Therefore I’m extremely happy with the education & service that Auston is offering me.
This is a specialist course within the broad field of computer science, with particular emphasis on the CIA triad: confidentiality, integrity and availability of information. Computer security is about the appropriate access to digital assets, and this course covers a mix of technical computing and professional practice in a modern and varied curriculum.
This course has been designed for students who want to pursue a career in cyber security, or related fields.
Students will undertake 9 modules. Each academic year is divided into three terms commencing February, May and September.
|1||Organisations, Project Management and Research||50%||50%||30|
|2||Forensics and Security||0%||100%||30|
|3||Multi-Tier Web Applications||0%||100%||30|
|4||Systems Defense Strategies||0%||100%||30|
|5||Professionalism in Forensics and Security||0%||100%||30|
|6||Advanced Topics in Security||0%||100%||30|
|8||Secure Web Application Development||50%||50%||15|
|9||Privacy and Data Protection||50%||50%||15|
Students who meet the requirement may apply for modules exemption subjected to the approval of De Montfort University.
The market for cybersecurity experts continues to increase as our society’s reliance on and deployment of Information Technology infrastructures expands.
Career paths for those intending to take advantage of the increase in job demand in government agencies, banking & finance; healthcare, infocomm, transportation, security consultancies & services; data-center and cloud services, commercial IT departments include (but not limited to :
- Penetration tester
- Security analyst
- Forensic analyst
- Cyber security consultant & Advisory
- Information security management
- Computer and Network analyst
- Surveillance analyst
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Computer and Information Systems Managers
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Computer Security from De Montfort University.
The award of the degree is guaranteed by the university to be identical to that awarded in the UK, in certificate, transcript, rights and recognition.
Applicants aged 19 years or older are eligible to enter the Bachelor Degree programme with one of the following qualifications:View-More
- Singapore government Polytechnic Diploma in relevant fields
- BTEC National Diploma Level 4
- Other equivalent qualification from recognized institutions
- Mature candidates (aged 30 with minimum 8 years working experience) : may be admitted on a case to case basis with a minimum of 10 years of formal education and certification that is deemed equivalent by the institute’s Academic Board. Additional measures may be taken to ensure the candidates suitability to the programme.
Applicants whose first language is not English or whose previous qualification was not taught and assessed in English must provide evidence of attainment in English Language by achieving an IELTS 5.5 or an equivalent qualification.
*All applications are subjected to the approval of De Montfort University.
|Mode||Duration||Module||Total Course Fee|
|Full-Time||16 Mths||9||SGD $26,540|
|Part-time||20 Mths||9||SGD $24,650|
Speak to our programme consultants for course fee promotion or study grant.
- Application fees for Singaporean/ PR/ EPass/ SPass/ WPass/ LTVPass : SGD $107.00 Non Refundable
- Application fees International Student: SGD$ 481.50 Non Refundable
- Total course fee cover University fee, admin fee, study material, fee protection scheme (FPS) and medical insurance.
- Termly Instalment Plan. Available
- All prices are subject to 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST).
- Medical Insurance for part-time students will incur additional charge.
- All fees are subjected to change annually.