The teaching staff have been helpful in attending to my needs too. Therefore I’m extremely happy with the education & service that Auston is offering me.
This is a specialist course within the broad field of computer science, with particular emphasis on the CIA triad: confidentiality, integrity and availability of information. Computer security is about the appropriate access to digital assets, and this course covers a mix of technical computing and professional practice in a modern and varied curriculum.
[read more=View-More less=View-Less] Misuses of digital technology are studied, along with the skills needed to investigate them. Computational theory is exercised in a range of experimental playgrounds, and you will learn to interpret complex scenarios and explain them to non-specialists. Expert guest lectures will be given by a wide range of professionals in the forensics and security sector, ensuring learning is relevant to cutting-edge developments in the field.
This course has been designed for students who want to pursue a career in cyber security, or related fields.[/read]
Students will undertake 9 modules. Each academic year is divided into three terms commencing February, May and September.
|1||Advanced Topics in Security|
|2||Privacy and Data Protection|
|3||Professionalism in Forensics and Security|
|4||Secure Web Application Development|
|5||Software and Security Management|
|6||Introduction to Research and Ethics|
|7||Web Application Development|
|8||Database Design and Management|
|11||Cyber Threat Intelligence & Incident Response|
Students who meet the requirement may apply for modules exemption subjected to the approval of De Montfort University.
The market for cybersecurity experts continues to increase as our society’s reliance on and deployment of Information Technology infrastructures expands.
[read more=View-More less=View-Less] Along with this growth though is an increased risk of security breaches and a need to prevent and recover from them. This paints a promising picture for cybersecurity careers – and for the institutions that give people the knowledge, training and credentials to prove their preparedness for the challenges the field faces.
Career paths for those intending to take advantage of the increase in job demand in government agencies, banking & finance; healthcare, infocomm, transportation, security consultancies & services; data-center and cloud services, commercial IT departments include (but not limited to :
- Penetration tester
- Security analyst
- Forensic analyst
- Cyber security consultant & Advisory
- Information security management
- Computer and Network analyst
- Surveillance analyst
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Computer and Information Systems Managers
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Computer Security from De Montfort University.
The award of the degree is guaranteed by the university to be identical to that awarded in the UK, in certificate, transcript, rights and recognition.
Applicants aged 19 years or older are eligible to enter the Bachelor Degree programme with one of the following qualifications:[read more=View-More less=View-Less]
- Singapore government Polytechnic Diploma in relevant fields
- BTEC National Diploma Level 4
- Other equivalent qualification from recognized institutions
- Mature candidates (aged 30 with minimum 8 years working experience) : may be admitted on a case to case basis with a minimum of 10 years of formal education and certification that is deemed equivalent by the institute’s Academic Board. Additional measures may be taken to ensure the candidates suitability to the programme.
Applicants whose first language is not English or whose previous qualification was not taught and assessed in English must provide evidence of attainment in English Language by achieving an IELTS 5.5 or an equivalent qualification.
*All applications are subjected to the approval of De Montfort University.[/read]
|Mode||Duration||Module||Total Course Fee|
|Full-Time||20 Mths||13||SGD $26,299.07|
|Part-time||24 Mths||13||SGD $26,299.07|
Speak to our programme consultants for course fee promotion or study grant.
- Application fees for Singaporean/ PR/ EPass/ SPass/ WPass/ LTVPass : SGD $107.00 Non Refundable
- Application fees International Student: SGD$ 387.50 Non Refundable
- Total course fee cover University fee, admin fee, study material, fee protection scheme (FPS) and medical insurance.
- Termly Instalment Plan. Available
- All prices are subject to 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST).
- Medical Insurance for part-time students will incur additional charge.
- All fees are subjected to change annually.