Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering provides a general education in electronic and electrical engineering, with a bias towards the power industry.
The course recognizes the fact that modern power networks make extensive use of electronic control systems, and that embedded generation with its reliance on microprocessor-controlled inverters at the lower end of the kVA range is forming an ever increasing part of the modern power network.
– Expand your career opportunities
– Recognised by employers in Singapore
– Part-time options available while you work
Course OutlineStudents will undertake 10 modules. Each academic year is divided into three terms commencing February, May and September.
|2||Embedded Systems and Drives||0%||100%||30|
|5||Advanced Engineering Mathematics||50%||50%||15|
|6||Control and Instrumentation Engineering||50%||50%||30|
|7||Advanced Digital Design||70%||30%||30|
|8||Power Electronics and Generation||50%||50%||30|
|9||Electrical Transmission and Distribution||50%||50%||30|
Career OpportunitiesAerospace, automotive, energy, IT and telecommunications; a degree in electrical and electronic engineering prepares you for it all. Electronic and electrical engineers are employed in many industries, with the main areas being in electronics, IT, manufacturing, power, transport, construction and building services. View-More
- Aerospace engineer
- Broadcast engineer
- Control and instrumentation engineer
- Electrical engineer
- Electronics engineer
- IT consultant
- Network engineer
- Systems analyst
Course OutcomeStudents who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from De Montfort University. The award of the degree is guaranteed by the university to be identical to that awarded in the UK, in certificate, transcript, rights and recognition.
RequirementApplicants aged 19 years or older are eligible to enter the Bachelor Degree programme with one of the following qualifications:
- Singapore government Polytechnic Diploma in relevant fields (in Mechatronics, Electronics Engineering, Computers, Electronics and communications, or Electrical & Electronic Engineering)
- BTEC National Diploma Level 4 (Engineering or Physics)
- Other equivalent qualification from recognized institutions
- Mature candidates (aged 30 with minimum 8 years working experience) : may be admitted on a case to case basis with a minimum of 10 years of formal education and certification that is deemed equivalent by the institute’s Academic Board. Additional measures may be taken to ensure the candidates suitability to the programme.
|Mode||Duration||Module||Total Course Fee|
|Full-Time||16 Mths||10||SGD $26,540|
|Part-time||20 Mths||10||SGD $24,650|
- Application fees for Singaporean/ PR: SGD $107.00 Non Refundable
- Application fees International Student: SGD$ 481.50 Non Refundable
- Total course fee cover University fee, admin fee, study material, fee protection scheme (FPS) and medical insurance.
- Termly Instalment Plan. Available
- All prices are subject to 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST).
- Medical Insurance for part-time students will incur additional charge.
- All fees are subjected to change annually.