Chalith Kariyawasam The teaching staff have been helpful in attending to my needs too. Therefore I’m extremely happy with the education & service that Auston is offering me.Asst Maintenance Engineer, A Semiconductor Co.
Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Mechatronics
DescriptionA Bachelor Degree in Mechatronics integrates the expertise of mechanical, electronics, and software engineers to provide students skills in:
- System Integration
- Power Electronics
Course OutlineStudents will undertake 10 modules. Each academic year is divided into three terms commencing February, May and September.
|2||Embedded Systems and Drives||0%||100%||30|
|5||Advanced Engineering Mathematics||50%||50%||15|
|6||Theory of Machines and Thermodynamics||50%||50%||30|
|7||Power Electronics and Generation||50%||50%||30|
|9||Dynamics and Control||50%||50%||30|
Career OpportunitiesMechatronics engineers are highly sought after in many industries and usually employed to integrate mechanical engineering concepts with computer control theories to create new products with enhanced adaptability and efficiency.Daily routine includes working with smart devices and artificial intelligence to create, implement and test existing or new systems or applications.Some common Mechatronics positions include:View-More
- Automation Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Control System Engineer
- Electrical/Electronics Engineer
- Instrumentation Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Service Engineer
- Plant Engineer
Course OutcomeStudents who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Mechatronic from De Montfort University.The award of the degree is guaranteed by the university to be identical to that awarded in the UK, in certificate, transcript, rights and recognition.
RequirementApplicants aged 19 years or older are eligible to enter the Bachelor Degree programme with one of the following qualifications:
- Singapore government Polytechnic Diploma in relevant fields (in Mechatronics, Electronics Engineering, Computers, Electronics and communications, or Electrical & Electronic Engineering)
- BTEC National Diploma Level 4 (Engineering or Physics)
- Other equivalent qualification from recognized institutions
- Mature candidates (aged 30 with minimum 8 years working experience) : may be admitted on a case to case basis with a minimum of 10 years of formal education and certification that is deemed equivalent by the institute’s Academic Board. Additional measures may be taken to ensure the candidates suitability to the programme.
|Mode||Duration||Module||Total Course Fee|
|Full-Time||16 Mths||10||SGD $26,299.07|
|Part-time||20 Mths||10||SGD $26,299.07|
- Application fees for Singaporean/ PR/ EPass/ SPass/ WPass/ LTVPass : SGD $107.00 Non Refundable
- Application fees International Student: SGD$ 387.50 Non Refundable
- Total course fee cover University fee, admin fee, study material, fee protection scheme (FPS) and medical insurance.
- Termly Instalment Plan. Available
- All prices are subject to 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST).
- Medical Insurance for part-time students will incur additional charge.
- All fees are subjected to change annually.