International Application & Admission
The following procedures are to be adhered to when applying for a programme with Auston Institute of Management. This would help to ensure that your application is processed without delay.
STEP 1 – APPLICATION
An applicant must complete the Application Form and return it together with the following documents:
- CERTIFIED TRUE COPIES of educational certificates/degrees/diplomas Certification may be made by your institution or at Auston Institute of Management, in which case, the originals must be presented for verification
- A copy of your Curriculum Vitae or CV, for students whose application is based on their work experience
- One passport-sized photograph
- A crossed cheque of the non-refundable prescribed application fees (S$481.50 including GST) made to “Auston Institute
of Management Pte Ltd”. Payment by Cash, NETS and credit cards are accepted at the Institute
All completed applications can be submitted either via post or in person at our campus:
Auston Institute of Management
50 Ophir Road , #02-00,
Church Of Our Lady Of Lourdes,
* We regret that incomplete applications will not be processed.
STEP 2 – EVALUATION
Auston Institute of Management will process and evaluate student’s programme application:
- Certificate/ Higher Diploma Programmes: 3 working days
- Degree/ Master Programmes: Typically 7 to 14 working days (Depending on the respective university’s evaluation
Upon successful evaluation of programme application, students will receive a Letter of Offer to state their
eligibility for the programme. Students need to sign and return the confirmation portion to confirm their
enrollment interest to the programme.
STEP 3 – Student’s Pass Application
A Student Visa or a “Student Pass” is the legal document that allows a student to enter, and remain in Singapore for their education. It must be applied for in advanced and the Singapore Government has the right to permit, or refuse entry.
The Application Process
Applicants must submit the following documents to Auston Institute to commence their application for a student pass:
- 4 recent passport-size photographs of the applicant. (against white background)
- Completed Auston Institute application form
- Signed Auston Letter of Offer (if applicable)
- Copy of the applicants passport showing dates of validity. (Min 12 months)
- Copy of applicant’s Birth Certificate
- Copy of applicant’s Certified/Notarized copy of Education Results/Certificates and Transcripts ( with detailed results)
- Photocopy of financial ability. E.g. Bank Statement (for recommended minimum amounts, contact us)
- Any other supporting documents. E.g. Parents employment letters, University Acceptance letters, etc
The Application Fees
Students must make payment of the application fees before Auston Institute commences the application process. Students who send through application documents without the accompanying payment will have their records placed on hold.
For details on application fees, please contact email@example.com
The Processing Time and Outcome
The timeline provided by the Immigration Checkpoint Authority of Singapore (ICA) is 4 weeks. However, some applications are processed faster, and other slower. We recommend that students submit clear copies of the above documents to minimize any delay.
Upon completion of the application process, your course consultant will contact you with the necessary documents for you to enter Singapore. Successful applicants will receive an In-Principal Approval (IPA) letter that must be presented at the immigration counter upon your arrival in Singapore.
* This is a very important document and should not be misplaced!
Conversion from IPA to Student Pass
An IPA letter is only valid for a limited duration for entry to Singapore. Students who are able to arrive early are encouraged to do so to convert their IPA into a valid Student Pass. After conversion, the Student Pass will be your permit to remain in Singapore till the completion of the course.
To convert your IPA into a student pass, the following documents must be presented at the appointment provided:
- ICA In-Principal Approval (IPA) Letter
- Auston Institute Letter of Offer (duly signed)
- Passport/Travel document with a valid Visit Pass and a copy of the personal particulars page
- Passport size photograph (against a white background)
- ICA Medical Report Form and the original copy of the laboratory report
- Original Birth Certificate (if applicable)
- Original Educational Qualifications (if applicable)
- Print-out of Student’s Pass application e-Form 16 – Signed by the student
* Students must pay a $120 issuance fee to ICA upon receiving their Student Pass.
Cancelling, Changes, and Replacements
At the end of your study, Auston Institute will assist students to cancel their student pass. ICA regulations require that a student pass is cancelled within 7 days of the course completion or termination of their study. Upon cancellation, students will receive a social visit visa and are expected to return to their home country within the validity.
While the student pass is still valid, students are required to inform Auston Institute of any changes in their details (contact information, residential address, name, etc) within 14 days of any such change. Any such notification must be done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and visiting Student Service in person.
If you lose your student pass, students must inform ICA within 7 days. The replacement procedure will require a number of things and we will help you through it. If this has happened to you, contact us at email@example.com.
Continuing Studies and Renewal
The student pass is only valid for your current course of study. When you change course, or progress onto a higher level course, the student pass must be renewed. In order to do this, please be sure to confirm your renewal status, before the expiry of your current student pass. To do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 4 – Fee Payment
Two copies of PEI-Student contract will be presented to students and students will be brief on the contract. Should no concern arise, the contract will be sign by the students and a copy will be given for students’ record.
Auston Institute of Management prefers international students to make payment via Flywire. Students paying through Flywire are able to:
- Eliminate hidden bank fees
- Get the best foreign exchange rate
- Track the process from start to end
- Receive 24 hours multi-lingual customer support
Students who wish to make payment through other means, that will incur additional cost, may choose one of the following modes of payment:
- Credit Cards
- Telegraphic Transfers (TT)
* Please note that any delay in course fee payment may result in delay of textbook issuance.