internship (if any)
Welcome to the electronics industry. These are thefundamentals.
This course covers a wide range of subject areas for a digital-development environment such as the semiconductor industry in Singapore. Graduates are likely to find strong employment within companies like United Technologies, Rolls Royce, Micron, and others who regularly engage our graduates.
- Covers a variety of skills for the electronics industry
- Hands on approach to complex-advanced topics
- Become qualified for mid-level engineering roles
- Designed for the modern semiconductor industry
- Pick up skills and knowledge to advance your career
- Boost your portfolio of work so you can impress future employers
Full Time: Mondays to Fridays, 9am to 6:30pm Part Time: Mondays to Fridays, 7pm to 10pm
Students must successfully complete all modules unless granted a compensation pass, or module exemptions.
Total Modules:9 + 1
Mode of AssessmentMode of Assessment Written Reports, Presentations, Examinations, Projects, and Interviews
- Perform electronics system and component diagnostic, trouble shooting and repair work
- Able to read and understand schematic wiring diagrams
- Perform field service work
- Able to understand electronics failure
- Devise preventive maintenance procedures and plan for all equipment, in accordance to equipment requirements as recommended by vendors / suppliers.
- Procurement of parts and/or securing of services for preventive or breakdown maintenance works where applicable.
- Implement preventive maintenance work independently and/or with a team.
- Assist in process pre and post operations e.g. chemical mixing, equipment and lab upkeep.
- Assist in operation of processes, e.g. membrane and module fabrication.
Control Automation Lead
- Direct activities of an integrated hardware/software systems oriented products
- Design and develop electronic and electro-mechanical equipment/li>
- Conduct feasibility studies on engineering proposals/li>
- Collect operational data and prepare customer application information/li>
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure efficient operation of this function./li>
- Perform and accomplish research and development of prototype through to production
- Apply latest technologies in new automation prototype and product development
- Specify, develop, test, analyse, and improve the existing mechatronic system
- Adopt current industry standards/methodology to work.
18 years of age in the year of application
Minimum Academic Qualifications
– Auston Foundation Certificate Programme; or
– GCE ‘A’ Level with 3 passes; or
– A polytechnic of Private College Diploma from non-relevant major; or
– 12 years of formal education (including standardized tests)
Transfer applicants with other equivalent qualifications based on Singapore criterion may be given exemptions on academic qualifications
At least 30 years of age and 8 years of working experience may be admitted on a case by case basis with a minimum of 10 years of formal education and certificates that is deemed equivalent by the Academic Board.
– C6 or better for O Levels
– IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
– CEFR B2 or higher
Fees & Charges
|Application Fees||107||267.50 + 120|
|Full Course Fees||11,900||11,900|
|* Fees stated include course fees, admin fees, FPS, GST (7%)|
Note for International Students:
When applying through our international representatives, (i.e. Agents) students should NOT pay any course fees, admin fees, application fees, or other wise to the agents. All fees should be paid directly to the school, as indicated in your offer letter.