Full-Time Duration:12months +
Part-Time Duration:16months +
internship (if any)
Want to be an expert in materials and structures? Start here.The module selection in this course is special because it is designed to attract and train mechanical engineers for the future. Unlike other institutes, we did not confine our area of study to just mechanics, but involved the aspects of electronics and programming too.
- Learn core engineering subjects
- Pickup essential skills for a career in engineering
- Become qualified for entry-level engineering roles
- Learn to work with materials
- Develop critical soft skills
- Boost your portfolio of work so you can impress future employers
Delivery ModeFull Time: Mondays to Fridays, 9am to 6:30pm
Part Time: Mondays to Fridays, 7pm to 10pm
Graduation RequirementsStudents must successfully complete all modules unless granted a compensation pass, or module exemptions.
Total Modules:9 + 1
Mode of AssessmentMode of Assessment Written Reports, Presentations, Examinations, Projects, and Interviews
Career OpportunitiesMechanical Engineering Assistant
- Supervises, and/or coordinates the work activities of subordinates.
- Assists in the design and fabrication of mechanical engineering projects, systems, or equipment.
- Performs engineering calculations by calculator or computer to solve routine engineering problems.
- Assists in the development of engineering drawings including plans and specifications based on calculations.
- Assists in the troubleshooting of systems and equipment and performs repair under close supervision.
- Assists in the preparation of project presentations to explain progress of project, which includes preparing routine graphic illustrations, charts and drawings.
- Requisitions components and supplies for engineering projects, interacting with vendors to obtain price and product information
- Develop all aspects of engineering design based on expertise: mechanical, electrical, safety, PLC/HMI/robotic programming
- Ensure all solutions comply with product design specifications
- Generate revision-controlled design and user documentation
- Conduct training for equipment operators and maintenance technicians
- Troubleshoot, support and continuously improve existing automated solutions
- Research and development of new, cutting edge automation concepts
- Implement/Review routine preventive maintenance programs.
- Prepare budget and cost control measures for the areas under his/ her responsibilities.
- Respond to emergency calls after office hours.
- Plan corrective maintenance works.
18 years of age in the year of application
Minimum Academic Qualifications
– Auston Foundation Certificate Programme; or
– GCE ‘A’ Level with 3 passes; or
– A polytechnic of Private College Diploma from non-relevant major; or
– 12 years of formal education (including standardized tests)
Transfer applicants with other equivalent qualifications based on Singapore criterion may be given exemptions on academic qualifications
At least 30 years of age and 8 years of working experience may be admitted on a case by case basis with a minimum of 10 years of formal education and certificates that is deemed equivalent by the Academic Board.
– C6 or better for O Levels
– IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
– CEFR B2 or higher
Fees & Charges
|Application Fees||107||267.50 + 120|
|Full Course Fees||11900||11,900|
|* Fees stated include course fees, admin fees, FPS, GST (7%)|
Note for International Students:
When applying through our international representatives, (i.e. Agents) students should NOT pay any course fees, admin fees, application fees, or other wise to the agents. All fees should be paid directly to the school, as indicated in your offer letter.